As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Weddings are a big deal for all parties involved. Typically, the bride, groom, groomsman, and bridesmaids all must be concerned with their attire. They are generally the most important people at the wedding, right? I mean, they are the ones who will be up in front of everybody. But sometimes, we forget that not only does the mother of the bride desire to look good, but the mother of the groom wants to be dressed in her best as well. So, what should the mother of the groom wear to her son’s wedding? Read the article “Mother of the groom dresses 2020”.
Mother of the groom dresses 2020 Reviews
We consulted our favorite friend, Amazon, to review three dresses that could be perfect for the mother of the groom to wear on her son’s big day.
- APXPF Light Pink Women’s Mother of The Groom Dresses Tea Length with Jacket
- Abaowedding Women’s Lace Applique Tea-Length Mother of Bride Dresses Prom Gowns
- R&M Richards Women’s Plus Size Beaded Jacket Dress – Mother of The Bride Dresses
All of the above dresses are designed to cater to mothers at weddings, mothers of the groom in particular. Below are some of the reviews we saw when checking out these dresses. (Note: all the reviews we found were given by real people with photos to back up the event. This further ensures us the dresses could be ideal for the occasion at hand.)
• “I bought this dress for my son’s wedding. I followed the measurements on the size chart, and it fits perfectly. I’m usually a size 20 in the US but I trusted the chart and I’m glad I did, I was a 24 according to the chart. It is beautiful and very flattering on me. It was shipped quickly considering how far it had to come. I couldn’t be happier!” –APXPF Light Pink
Where to buy? Check availability
• “I was concerned purchasing a dress online. This was not a mistake. Recommend you purchase one size larger than your original, it was as though it was made just for me. I received many compliments. Very pretty dress and well made.” –Abaowedding Tea Length
Where to buy? Check availability
• “I ordered a beautiful beaded dress from R&M Richards, and it was perfect for my son’s wedding. It came in a timely manner, the color was true to the picture, the fit was perfect, and the style is very flattering.” –R&M Richards
Where to buy? Check availability
Things to consider when purchasing one of these dresses:
Whether or not you choose to go with one of these three dresses, or you begin your search looking for other dresses, the things you should consider will probably be the same. So, what exactly should you take into consideration when you are purchasing a mother of the groom dress, (especially if you are purchasing one online)?
Each of the three dresses we reviewed is completely different in style. One is more form fitting than the others. Another has more of a vintage style, flaring out from the waist. The last one is a style more suitable for older mothers (depending on personal style, of course). All of these things can make a major difference when determining which dress you would prefer to wear. If your sons’ wedding is more modern, you may not want a more vintage looking dress. You may prefer a more form fitting dress than one that fits, just not in the same curve hugging kind of way. This should also be taken into consideration when determining what would be the most flattering for your body type.
The sizing of a dress is key. You, of course, want your dress to fit, but if it’s tight rather than just form fitting, you may have a problem. This goes along with knowing your body type. Obviously, if you are curvier in some places than in others, you want to consider not only style, but also determine the best sizing for your body type in a specific dress. The cut, fit, and even where it was made can all determine what size the dress is. Therefore, when purchasing dresses online, it is key to check out reviews to see if the dress is more likely to fit smaller or larger than a specific size. Take your measurements and follow the sizing chart specific to each dress.
If you are looking for a specific color, this is something you already know to consider, however, keep in mind what other colors you may be willing to try. If there is a special request from the bride and groom as to what color you should wear, take this into consideration as well. You could find the perfect dress, but if it is in the wrong color that could be a major factor to reconsider.
You definitely want to ensure you are paying attention to the length of the dresses. What may look longer or shorter on a model, may not necessarily be the case for you. For instance, in one dress we reviewed a number of customers stated the length was a bit longer than expected. While this wasn’t an issue for most of them, it is worth mentioning because it may make a big difference to you.
Now that you know what to consider when purchasing a mother of the groom dress, what potential issues might you run in to, and how can you fix them?
• Clashing with the bride or wedding party. It has been iterated time and time again that only the bride wears white at her wedding, but even if your dress isn’t white, you don’t want to clash with the wedding party. To avoid this, check with the bride or groom ahead of time to determine the color scheme to ensure whatever color dress you choose will be appropriate.
• Finding Accessories for Mother of the groom dresses 2020. While not everyone accessorizes, on occasions such as your son’s wedding, you may consider jazzing things up just a little bit. Depending on what type of look you are going for, you may have a hard time finding the perfect accessory to go with the dress. This could be fixed by simply asking another woman’s opinion. The bride or a friend may have a different perspective to contribute on what would look good and make the search easier.
As you can see, there are many things to consider when picking a dress, especially for such an honoring occasion. You don’t want to skip any considerations or just throw something together at the last minute for this event. Of the three dresses we reviewed, my personal favorite is the APXPF, but all three have their respective pros. The materials and reviews on these products have shown us that they are perfect for the occasion, as long as the above factors are taken into consideration!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.